Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Happiness

"He (God) comforts us whenever we suffer. That is why whenever other people suffer, we are able to comfort them by using the same comfort we have received from God". ~ 2 Corinthians 1:24

"When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom." ~ Proverbs 11:2

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." ~ Colossians 3:12-13

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." ~ John 3:16

For the past three and a half years, I've been severely depressed and get really anxious about small things and I felt like my whole life has been messed up because I'm 1-2 years behind in high school (not that I'm one of those kids who purposely skip school, I'm not that kind of person). Recently, I've been feeling like, I've recovered. I've been feeling really full of life and happiness. Happiness I've never had, but similar to the happiness I've had before depression came. What really helped me I'm sure was going to church and believing into Christ. :) God helped me. Those four Bible verses up there really stood out to me and helped me. Every time when I feel depressed, sad, or uncertainty, I'd call on the Lord's name, and immediately, I'd start feeling better and get a feeling on what I should do! I strongly believe God is there, and he loves us all. So if you are feeling depressed or sad, you can just call on the name of the Lord! How wonderful his name is. :D I still feel a bit uncertain about how my future will be, but I'm no longer that worried for I know the Lord has planned out the best for me. So why be worried right?

Also, thanks to everyone that helped me through this rough time of my life. More importantly, thank the Lord for letting all these friends help me. :) Amen!