Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Keeping my hair straight

I figured a great way to make my hair straight and not too puffy. :D Before I say anything, I want to tell you this. I don't shampoo and use conditioner everyday. I don't use my flat iron everyday either. I sometimes might use some Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Smoothing Serum (it helps keep my hair soft and silky all day) if I fell my hair is really really dry.

Here is me now :)

So here is what I do:
  1. I first like wash my hair with warm water until it feels soft and silky (takes like 2 minutes maybe).
  2. Then I run it under cold water. (takes maybe 1-2 minutes).
  3. I wrap my hair in a towel and like keep it there for 2-3 minutes. 
  4. Then I use my hair dryer and dry my hair a little bit on the cool setting. 
  5. Next I comb my hair and then use my hair dryer on the cool setting to dry my hair while I keep my hair straight with my fingers.
  6. After it's like almost or completely dried, I comb my hair into the style I want. 
  7. Then I stick the the concentrating attachment onto my hair dryer, stick the heat on high and concentrate all the heat onto my hair while pulling it straight with my straightening comb. (Well... I actually heat up the comb first, then style.) If you know what I mean... (I can't seem to find the straightening comb I use on Amazon. The brand is Conair and it's the one with a heat sensitive strip on it. Go see the picture below.)
  8. After that, I cool off my hair with my hair dryer's cool setting. 
  9. I comb for the last time and I look gorgeous all day. :P

My hair might still mess up a bit when wind blows it, but I just need to comb it a little bit again... Last for the whole day until I shower. It stays soft and silky. :)

Here is the straightening comb I use. It is from Conair.

Here are some other tips. Don't flat iron your hair everyday and don't shampoo everyday. It will damage your hair a lot. Flat irons will burn your hair if you use it too much or use it at a temperature too high for your hair. Using shampoo too much will strip away too much moisture and your hair's natural oils. I shampoo 1-2 times a week now. I tell you this from my personal experience. I used to shampoo everyday, but if you take a closer look at my hair, some of the hair on the side of my head is brown from lack of the natural oils... My hair used to be really hard from extra heat styling. Doing what I'm doing now, my hair is recovering from the damage I've done to it... It is kind of soft again... So don't style too much. It damages your hair!